Children and Young People
Children are great to work with in Hypnotherapy because their minds are more open to change and their imaginations are usually very active.
It is claimed by many child psychologists that childhood experiences between the ages of 3 and 11 are likely to have an impact on who that child becomes, how they feel, behave and represent the world to themselves in later life. Therefore it is extremely important that a child has the opportunity to deal with any worries or problems at the time. Failure to do so could lead to that child never achieving their full potential.
I am working with children from age 7 upwards in the following areas:
- Improved exam confidence
- Improved memory/learning
- Thumb sucking/nail biting
- Low self-esteem
- Dealing with stress or worry
When children are worried or are experiencing stress, whether or not they are conscious of it, there are warning signs for those around them:
- Schoolwork may begin to slide.
- A child may begin to lose things on a consistent basis, become accident-prone, steal, have stomach aches or headaches, pull hair or lashes or bite their nails.
- They may begin wetting the bed again, after having been dry for some time.
- Health problems may start cropping up.
- Other people may notice a dramatic change in disposition in them.
- The child may begin to cause problems in the classroom or stop wanting to go to school.
- They may begin to lie and have other avoidance patterns.
- They may also begin to have trouble sleeping or experience more frequent nightmares.
If you would like to bring your child along for some hypnotherapy sessions with me, give me a call on 07824 900981
“Having a two-year old is like having a blender that you don’t have the top for”.